Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Reiki



I personally love reiki and have gotten my Level 3 Reiki. I give myself reiki just about everyday and I also am able to do distance healing. I offer that through my website, http://www.mystic-connections.com/

What is Reiki?

Reiki is a healing practice based on the theory that people carry within them a positive life force energy and the term reiki actually means "universal life energy". It comes from Japan and was discovered in the nineteenth century by Japanese monk named Mikao Usui.

How is it performed?

The reiki practitioner's goal is to balance and enhance this life energy and this is what does the healing work. To do this, the reiki practitioner will place his/her hands over major organs or chakras (which are considered to the energy centers of the body). It is believed that by balancing and cleansing these chakras that results in a harmonious balance helping the body to heal itself. During a session, everyone feels differently put often you will feel the warmth of the energy flow as the reiki energy flows through your body. A treatment typically lasts 1 hour and costs about $60.

My experience with Reiki

I first had reiki a little over 2 years ago and was amazed how good it felt. I felt so calm, peaceful and relaxed after my session. I went once a week for chronic pelvic pain and found that I always felt so much better after my session. I would go into a meditative state during the session and I would often see visions and images while in that state. I remember seeing all dark then suddenly a light came on and surprised me. I later told my reiki practitioner about the light and she thought that was my guide showing up.
I even got my mom and sister hooked on reiki. My mom's first time she went into a meditative state as well. She said she was flying and saw all these people on a mountain top waving to her and smiling. They all knew who she was and they loved her. My mom didn't recognize any of them but could feel this. So it can be a very spiritual experience for many.

I haven't gone for a treatment in a long time mainly because the girl I used to see moved away. I would love to be able to go again if I had more cash. For now, I will just have to give myself the reiki treatments.

No comments:

Post a Comment